We are doing something that is super fun for the kids and the parents love it too! The Good Works Chain for Advent is a traditional paper chain with a twist. -The kids have to earn the links. It will be fun to see how many links they can collectively acquire. I plan to string them across the room. This is something you will want to be sure the parents know about. The kids can do it on their own, but parents reminding them always helps.
Instructions for the Good Works Chain:
- Print each page of the Good Works Chain in alternating colors of red and green. (as much as possible, you want the sum of papers to have equal amounts of red and green)
- Give each child one set of Advent Good Works papers
- Each morning of Advent pick out one suggestion and complete it that day.
- When it is completed, cut it out, staple it together in a loop in order to connect it to the last loop on the chain. Try to alternate red and green.
- Have the whole class bring in their chains they created during the week so they can be connected into a massive good works chain. Hang it up on the wall. How long can your good works chain get?